Here at Wayfair we are revolutionizing the furniture business moving from traditional furniture stores to a pan-European drop-ship fulfillment model. How to drop ship an assembled wardrobe from Bilbao to Berlin? How does a traditional carrier have to transform its business to meet the demand of the online world?
As a key member of the EU Product Performance & Freight Network team, your primary responsibility will be to tackle these challenges within our international freight network aiming to improve the customer experience by reducing incidences.
To master this critical challenge, you will be
- Increasing transparency within our supply chain by identifying and reporting incidences
- Proactively developing solutions to resolve the underlying reasons of incidences
- Working closely with our logistics service providers to ensure compliance in the network
- Conducting supplier visits to ensure that their packaging and order fulfillment processes are geared towards the demand of the online business / international drop-shipment
This internship requires strong negotiation skills, and would suit candidates who enjoy a mixture of desk and field based work. This is a high impact role which involves encouraging suppliers and carriers to make fundamental improvements to their operations, not only to make them capable of effective online fulfillment, but also to provide a sustainable growth platform for the Wayfair business.
With thousands of unique products shipping every week and an ambitious logistics transformation underway, this is a great opportunity to make a significant difference to our business.
- Inspect and report quality of incoming shipments from all parts of Europe into our German large parcel carrier’s hub
- Support and innovate our carriers’ consolidation, overpacking and loading processes to ensure a safe international shipment
- Identify root causes of incidences (e.g. damaged products) and find innovative solutions to address these
- Support Wayfairs’ continuous strive to develop the online fulfillment capabilities of our suppliers focusing on product packaging and quality
- Participate in solution and improvement proposals to increase the performance of our freight network
- Willingness & flexibly to travel ca. 75 % of time to implement on the ground changes within our supply chain
- Solution oriented innovator with passion to drive impactful improvements
- Strong written and verbal communicator with ability to adapt to various stakeholders, from manager to junior staff
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Adaptability to work in high changing environment & capacity of managing multiple tasks
- Experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management preferable
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Fluency in German & English; additional European languages are a plus
- Proficient in use of MS Office programs
- Enthusiastic, quick learner
- You are extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Driving license (B) required
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course, the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks, but also…
- The possibility to be part of an international and dynamic team
- Acquire logistics and supply chain knowledge on carrier operations
- Work in an international environment as our carriers are across Europe
- The chance to really build something and be able to implement your own ideas
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Über Wayfair GmbH
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.