Start: August or later – Office: Berlin – fulltime
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- You implement strategic goals through the establishment of departmental responsibilities and processes following principles of self-management and through outstanding, best-in-class standards of operational delivery.
- You effectively manage our resources and thus lead our HR, legal, finance and project controlling department, including the recommendation of the yearly budget for board approval and the measurement of key metrics.
- You recruit, develop and enable a high performing leadership team to accelerate performance and drive our Kironista culture as a social start-up.
- You communicate to our team and represent especially the international voice of Kiron internally and externally.
Your set of skills:
- You have a university degree and are fluent in English, other languages (German, French and Arabic etc.) are a plus.
- You provide relevant general management experience (min. 7-10 years), preferably in the NGO/ Not for Profit/ Social Start-up Sector.
- You know how to scale a digital platform/organization internationally and are an expert in organizational optimization.
- You are a self-starter and think like a social entrepreneur, you are an excellent communicator, and motivated to work hard.
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input.
- The insight and the atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup.
- The time to shine for you as a driver of efficiency and efficacy in organisations in preparation of international growth.
- The chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “MD + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date until the 30th of june in English in a single PDF file:
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
The job does not fit your profile? But you want to join our team?
Kiron is currently recruiting for different paid positions, and many volunteering/ internship opportunities. More at www.kiron.ngo .
Über Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbh
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.