Start: September or later – Offices: Berlin – fulltime
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Responsible for all duties related to the grant writing life cycle including: research, preparation, submission, reporting.
- Coordinating all teams that support the grant writing life cycle.
- Collaborating with the product team to identify new funding sources in compliance with our product needs.
- Tracking and reporting on the status of all opportunities, i.e. relevant news and government policy development or information on the profile of existing fundraising activity of donors.
Your set of skills:
- You completed a Master’s degree and you can demonstrate a track record of successful grants that you have submitted in a leading position.
- You have excellent German and English spoken and written skills and you feel confident in writing proposals in both languages.
- You have an excellent strategic understanding and thinking in order to plan and implement Kiron’s grant writing strategy.
- You are highly motivated, adaptable and stress resistant.
- You are confident in using PowerPoint, Word and Excel and a quick learner for google applications and all other organizational programs, such as Slack.
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to higher education for refugees worldwide.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup with several stakeholders (refugees, corporations, NGOs, higher education and public sector institutions).
- Regular team building as well as representative events, mentoring, trainings and workshops.
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
- Flexible working hours (incl. Home Office) at our Berlin location.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “GW + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 28.07.2017 to:
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
The job does not fit your profile? But you want to join our team?
Kiron is currently recruiting for different paid positions, and many volunteering/ internship opportunities. More at www.kiron.ngo.
Über Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbh
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.